AQSACOM Public Safety Solution (APSS)
Leveraging Location Data for Emergency Location & Public Alerting
A growing number of public safety organizations across the world are deploying a new type of wireless emergency warning system. This new public safety communications technique, called Reverse 1-1-2, enables authorities to target people in defined geographic locations and rapidly warn them via their mobile phones.
AQSACOM Public Safety Solution (APSS) provides Reverse 1-1-2 to communicate information regarding potential hazards (man-made or natural), through a proprietary geolocalised message-sending technology. APSS allows citizens to evacuate or avoid a danger zone more quickly thereby reducing the chances of casualties.
By utilizing APSS in the network, Communications Service Providers (CSPs) can work with local, state, and national public safety authorities to prevent, and more effectively respond to critical situations including:
Search and Rescue Emergency Response:
Support immediate action to rescue people from death or injury as a consequence of severe accidents or hazards including actions related to land, sea, and air rescue operations.
Protect lives, health, and the environment in the event of fire and explosion, accidents involving hazardous substances, and hazardous goods.
Send live alerting messages following a terrorist attack, and help to clear specific geographic areas for better emergency & enforcement operations.
Nuclear, Chemical, and Explosive:
Support prevention and management of incidents involving the spread of chemicals that may cause damage to health or damage to the environment and material assets, into the air, water, foods, or soil.
Mobile phone usage enables public authorities to leverage mobile networks for Public Safety at both small and large scales. Emergency situations require management of multi-technical aspects and several capabilities to:
- Locate people through any kind of network service (from 2G to 5G)
- Reach people through any kind of network service (from 2G to 5G)
- Broadcast messages in a fast, massive, and location-targeted manner
- Instantly alert international roamers in different languages
PUBLIC SAFETY USE CASES
APSS provides Communication Service Providers with a single platform to address regulatory requirements regarding Public Safety and Security.
Two software packages are available:
- APSS Emergency Location System, for geo-location of persons in danger or, are missing
- APSS Public Warning System, for the broadcast of Location-Based messages
Our solution is specifically designed for CSP networks providing distinct advantages:
- Collect, filter, and process massive amounts of events from CSP’s mobile networks
- Consolidate location data flows from various LBS/GMLC
- Highly secure data protection, ensuring confidentiality and integrity in system configuration, and delivery of data to relevant authorities
- Provides an extensive set of alarms, real-time operational measurements, and statistics
APSS is part of the AQSACOM products family providing the following technical benefits:
- High reliability, scalability, and multi-vendor support
- A modular approach towards rapid customization and system configuration
- Rapid development and implementation of a new interface